The most exact definition of solar power is plainly – “the energy from the sun”. it’s a term wont to classify the electromagnetic wave emitted by the sun and intercepted by the world . it’s the world’s most permanent and reliable source of energy and therefore the most copious.
The uses of solar power on earth include solar heating for buildings, solar heat for manufacturing or industry and electricity production. So what’s solar energy? How does it affect us?
Solar energy is liable for weather systems and ocean currents. It provides light, heat, and energy to all or any living things on Earth. it’s many uses. It supplies electricity; it are often wont to power cars.
Solar energy is additionally used as an influence for satellites in space and in space shuttles. It could also power boats, generators during emergencies, toys, and even security systems.
The amount of solar power that the world receives is about 770 trillion kilowatts (kW), an amount 5,000 times bigger than the sum of all other energy, may it’s terrestrial atomic energy , heat or gravitational energy.
There are two sorts of solar power . These are:
1. Thermal Energy
2. Electric Energy
What is the difference between the 2 types energy?
Thermal energy is K.E. . it’s everywhere. It makes the world hot and even heats up our homes. It helps us to dry our clothes. it’s used also to heat up water for household use or maybe pools. that’s why thermal energy is named the warmth energy because it’s stored within the center of the world also .
Electric energy is widely known to us because the electricity. it’s an important a part of nature and it’s one among our most generally used sorts of energy. This uses sunlight to power ordinary electrical equipment, like household appliances, computers, and lighting.
Most applications of solar power depend upon systems including collectors, storage and controls. Storage is required for a reason that solar power is merely available at daylight , but the demand for energy is required both day and night. Controls are wont to guarantee that the storage system works safely and efficiently.
The accessibility of solar power is decided by three factors:
• the situation is typically measured by latitude, longitude and altitude.
• The time.
• The weather.
Aside from knowing that solar power may be a free energy still, you’ve got to understand that it also has advantages and drawbacks .
The advantages are:
• solar power is nearly limitless; it’ll be available for as long as there are still humans within the earth.
• it’s abundant. you’ll not worry of running out of it.
• It could provide more power than all known fuel reserves.
• solar power is out there during the day when electricity usage is basically important.
• it’s the foremost inexhaustible, renewable source of energy known to man.
• solar power are often absorbed, reflected, transmitted, and insulated.
• It are often collected and stored in batteries.
The disadvantages are:
• it’s not suitable in cloudy areas.
• it’s not available in the dark time.
• And it’s going to require large land areas.
As a reminder, solar power levels are lesser the farther north the location . Considering geography, season is a crucial determinant of solar power levels because the Sun’s position and therefore the weather vary greatly from summer to winter.